How-To Guide: Buying Mattresses Online In Singapore
When you set out to buy a mattress online, there are several factors to keep in mind in order to ensure that you buy a mattress that gives you long lasting quality and comfort. With the countless options available, it can be tricky selecting the right mattress online to suit your body’s unique needs.
We understand and we want to help you make the right choice. Read on for our 6 top tips to buying a mattress online in Singapore.
Tips for Buying a Mattress Online in Singapore
1. Define your budget
This is an ideal starting point because there are unlimited mattress options available in Singapore ranging in price from very affordable mattresses to extremely expensive luxury mattresses. Once you decide how much you can spend on the mattress, you can then set out to select the ones that give you the best functionality within your budget.
2. Consider different mattress types
The material, density, and other aspects of the mattress can all factor into whether it’s the best fit for you – so it’s best to look at several options to try and find a perfect match when you are searching for mattresses to buy online. Choose an online mattress store that provides you with several options to choose from.
Defined by the manufacturing process, mattresses are can be broadly classified into:
- Spring mattresses are one of the earliest ones to enter the market, and are traditionally made using coils. These mattresses are known for being more firm and bouncy.
- Latex mattresses are made using a combination of latex and spring to provide a comfortable mattress with more bounce and responsiveness than spring mattresses. These mattresses are known for their ‘cool’ feel.
- Memory foam mattresses adapt to the contour of your body, offering an ultra comfortable feel which helps in relieving the pressure on the joints.
- Hybrid mattresses are a combination of memory foam or latex and a spring mattress, offering users the best of the two: soft comfort and firm support.
Do make sure that you thoroughly check and understand each of the aspects above and compare them across various mattress brands available online in Singapore.
3. Watch out for misleading claims
This is important when you want to buy a mattress online. Watch out for unsupported, generic, or unspecified claims by online mattress sellers such as ‘certified by medical professionals’, ‘ortho-support mattress’, ‘endorsed by medical community’ and the like.
No doctors or medical organisations in Singapore are known to officially support any mattress brand or store. Similarly, if a mattress provider claims to provide eco-efficient or organic mattresses, check if they have authentic and relevant certification to back up their claims. All Zinus mattresses are CERTIPUR-US certified for strict standards for durability, performance, emissions and environmental stewardship.
4. Read reviews
It helps to see what real customer’s experiences have been like – so go through all the reviews before you make a decision. Reviews might be found on a mattress brand’s homepage or social media accounts and it’s best to look at both paid and free reviews from genuine customers so you get an honest sense of the full experience. This makes sure that there are no unpleasant surprises once you buy your mattress online.
5. Get a trial to be sure
After you buy a new mattress online, it may take you awhile for you to get used to it and truly be able to determine if it is right for you. Look out for brands that offer a free initial trial period or return-refund policies if your new mattress doesn’t suit your needs.
At Zinus, we offer a 100 day free trial for our mattresses so that you can test your new mattress in your home environment. Our free trial is a statement of our trust in the exceptional quality of our mattresses. In the rare case that you are not 100% happy with our mattress, just contact us within 100 days from the day of delivery, and our team will handle it from there.
Good-quality returned mattresses are donated to charities in Singapore to ensure they don’t go to waste, or are disposed of in a proper manner if they are not in a good condition.
6. Look at their customer service and care
An excellent mattress provider will offer you top notch support throughout the buying process, ensuring that you are comfortable and assured with their services and products. It is important that you trust the mattress provider before you can buy a mattress online from them. Look out for specific policies such as:
- The website should clearly spell out all the terms and conditions regarding services and charges, shipping and delivery policy, warranties, payment and return policy, and other relevant information.
- Each mattress product should be accompanied by clear photos with the exact dimensions. There should be detailed product descriptions including what materials are used, level comfort and support, available colours, any special features, usage and care instructions and the prices.
- You should be able to contact the mattress store through multiple channels such as email, telephone, enquiry form and preferably live chat. The staff should be prompt to communicate and answer your questions or guide you regarding the available products. Ensure that the mattress provider has a physical showroom located in Singapore, so that you can directly approach them when you need to.
Your One Stop Online Mattress Shop in Singapore
Buying a mattress online is very convenient, but not all mattresses stores online are reputable. At Zinus, customer satisfaction and uncompromising quality are our top priorities. As one of the leading online mattress shops in Singapore, we offer customers a diverse selection of affordable mattresses to match every individual requirement. Check out our foam mattresses, spring mattresses, hybrid mattresses and other furniture products. Contact our team for assistance with buying our mattresses online!